Euphoria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime recommendation topic

+2
Yuka
Melo
6 posters

Go down

Anime recommendation topic Empty Anime recommendation topic

Post  Melo Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:32 pm

yeah.. recommend animes to others here ^^

Recommendation format:

Anime name:
Genres:
amount of episodes/ongoing:
*summary:
*your opinion:
*episodes:

Thats about it, * are optional, though it gives us a better impression of the anime, giving a link to the first episode is highly appreciated, though giving them all will make you godlike(or demonlike if you are on the evil side =p) ^^

Yeah you can just take genres and summaries from wikipedia on anime sites... I got no problem with that ^^

Any kind of anime is allowed here... except hentai unfortunately XD.. ecchi is allowed.. but thats the line (ooh I like ecchi! XD)

well.. enjoy!

examples of good recommendations:

Anime: Elfen Lied
Genres: Drama, Horror & Psychological
Amount of Episodes: 13 + OVA
Summary: Elfen Lied revolves around the interactions, views, emotions, and discrimination between humans and the Diclonius, a mutant species similar to humans in build but distinguishable by two cat-ear-like horns and "vectors", transparent arms which can pass through air and objects at high speed. The series is centered around the teenage Diclonius girl "Lucy", said to be the first Diclonius, being rejected by humans and her subsequent murderous vengeance upon them.

Elfen Lied involves themes of social alienation, identity, animal cruelty, revenge, child abuse, jealousy and the value of humanity. The series employs graphic violence and nudity, especially the graphic opening sequence of the first episode.

My opinion: Elfen Lied is an amazing anime. It has got a very interesting plot that gets you hooked very easily. Even though it's full of blood, gore and nudity, it doesn't bother me that much. At first I didn't dare to take a look at all, but when I watched the first episode, I got addicted! xP
(by yuka)

Anime Name: Zombie Loan

Genre: Horror, Action, High School, and Supernatural

Amount of Episodes: 11 Episodes

Summary: Michiru Kita is a special girl who possesses Shinigami Eyes, a power which allows her to see a person's nearness to their destined death by seeing a ring, invisible to normal people, around the person's neck. When a person is marked to die, a gray ring appears, which darkens over time. Once the ring turns completely black, the person dies. Chika Akatsuki and meow Tachibana, two boys in her class, both have black rings around their necks, but to her surprise, they are not yet dead. It is revealed that after a tragic accident that was supposed to kill them both, the two boys made a deal with a secret loan office called the Zombie-Loan. In return for keeping them alive, the two have to hunt zombies for the loan office. When Michiru gets involved with them, she finds that her life has just become more complicated.

My Opinion: I don't know much about since I just started watching it, but it's pretty good so far. if your into like D.Gray-Man then I would watch this.

(by ichimatsu)

make recommendations like these two and you're doing the good thing ^^

Anime name: Buso renkin (weapons alchemy)
Genres: Action, romance, comedy
Episodes: 26

Summary: The story begins when high school student Muto Kazuki is killed one night saving a mysterious girl from a monster, only to wake up and find it was only a dream. However, he soon finds out how real that dream was when a giant serpentine monster attacks him and his sister. Tsumura Tokiko, the girl from his dream, explains that the monster is a homunculus. Kazuki had been attacked and killed by it when rescuing Tokiko, however the girl revived him by placing a kakugane medal in his chest serving as a replacement for his heart. The Kakugane, is an alchemical device that when activated, takes a certain form based on the Kakugane's user, forming a unique Buso Renkin. The Buso Renkin is the only thing that can destroy a homunculus.

my opinion: I thought this was really a great anime, it had a good plot to start with, some nice action, the comedy is also good, but it doesn't ruin the action nor the romance, which is really a plus. Also an important thing, this anime has totaly no fillers. The characters are interesting, though Chouno might get a little annoying later on. I really recommend this anime to all of you... or at least watch the first episode =P

Episodes: episode 1 enjoy! (episode taken from www.instantz.net... just skip the first minute if you don't want to see their intro.. they do it so episodes are less likely to be deleted)

(made by me.. as another example =P

Last edited by Melo on Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:50 pm; edited 4 times in total
Melo
Melo

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Anime recommendation topic Empty Re: Anime recommendation topic

Post  Yuka Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:18 pm

Anime: Elfen Lied
Genres: Drama, Horror & Psychological
Amount of Episodes: 13 + OVA
Summary: Elfen Lied revolves around the interactions, views, emotions, and discrimination between humans and the Diclonius, a mutant species similar to humans in build but distinguishable by two cat-ear-like horns and "vectors", transparent arms which can pass through air and objects at high speed. The series is centered around the teenage Diclonius girl "Lucy", said to be the first Diclonius, being rejected by humans and her subsequent murderous vengeance upon them.

Elfen Lied involves themes of social alienation, identity, animal cruelty, revenge, child abuse, jealousy and the value of humanity. The series employs graphic violence and nudity, especially the graphic opening sequence of the first episode.

My opinion: Elfen Lied is an amazing anime. It has got a very interesting plot that gets you hooked very easily. Even though it's full of blood, gore and nudity, it doesn't bother me that much. At first I didn't dare to take a look at all, but when I watched the first episode, I got addicted! xP
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I copied and pasted the genres and the summary from Wikipedia, heh. xD
Yuka
Yuka
Admin

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2009-01-29

http://euphoria.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Asseroth Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:33 pm

*Goes off to DL* lol

Well, the only anime I really watched are Hellsing and Naruto. And I like them both and you all should go check them out! =D
Asseroth
Asseroth

Number of posts : 57

Back to top Go down

Post  Ichimatsu Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:23 am

Yuka has good taste Very Happy I loved watching Elfen Lied.
Ichimatsu
Ichimatsu

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolaas Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:56 am

Bleach xd

don't watch fillers they're boring as poo

Nicolaas

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Melo Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:26 pm

Nicolaas wrote:Bleach xd

don't watch fillers they're boring as poo

can you at least fill the full form when posting =_= it's annoying only seeing a name there >_>

(thats why, from now on, I'm going to delete recommendations with only a name =P have fun)
Melo
Melo

Back to top Go down

Post  ZormaX Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:05 am

Anime name: Naruto (without fillers)
Genres: Fiction
amount of episodes/ongoing: 30000+ im thinking
*summary: Naruto, A kid who gets bullied but then becomes a fox with powers and pwns to protect his village
*your opinion: Good !
*episodes: what?
ZormaX
ZormaX

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Ichimatsu Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:30 am

Anime Name: Zombie Loan

Genre: Horror, Action, High School, and Supernatural

Amount of Episodes: 11 Episodes

Summary: Michiru Kita is a special girl who possesses Shinigami Eyes, a power which allows her to see a person's nearness to their destined death by seeing a ring, invisible to normal people, around the person's neck. When a person is marked to die, a gray ring appears, which darkens over time. Once the ring turns completely black, the person dies. Chika Akatsuki and meow Tachibana, two boys in her class, both have black rings around their necks, but to her surprise, they are not yet dead. It is revealed that after a tragic accident that was supposed to kill them both, the two boys made a deal with a secret loan office called the Zombie-Loan. In return for keeping them alive, the two have to hunt zombies for the loan office. When Michiru gets involved with them, she finds that her life has just become more complicated.

My Opinion: I don't know much about since I just started watching it, but it's pretty good so far. if your into like D.Gray-Man then I would watch this.
Ichimatsu
Ichimatsu

Back to top Go down

Post  Melo Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:48 pm

Since Yuka and Ichimatsu gave great examples of how to put up a good recommendation.. I decided to put em on the first post... follow their examples and you'll be cool! Very Happy

Guess I'm gonna put a recommendation here too ^^

Anime name: Buso renkin (weapons alchemy)
Genres: Action, romance, comedy
Episodes: 26

Summary: The story begins when high school student Muto Kazuki is killed one night saving a mysterious girl from a monster, only to wake up and find it was only a dream. However, he soon finds out how real that dream was when a giant serpentine monster attacks him and his sister. Tsumura Tokiko, the girl from his dream, explains that the monster is a homunculus. Kazuki had been attacked and killed by it when rescuing Tokiko, however the girl revived him by placing a kakugane medal in his chest serving as a replacement for his heart. The Kakugane, is an alchemical device that when activated, takes a certain form based on the Kakugane's user, forming a unique Buso Renkin. The Buso Renkin is the only thing that can destroy a homunculus.

my opinion: I thought this was really a great anime, it had a good plot to start with, some nice action, the comedy is also good, but it doesn't ruin the action nor the romance, which is really a plus. Also an important thing, this anime has totaly no fillers. The characters are interesting, though Chouno might get a little annoying later on. I really recommend this anime to all of you... or at least watch the first episode =P

Episodes: episode 1 enjoy! (episode taken from www.instantz.net... just skip the first minute if you don't want to see their intro.. they do it so episodes are less likely to be deleted)
Melo
Melo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ichimatsu Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:35 am

Dude Busou Renkin was an awesome anime aswell. I really liked it.
Ichimatsu
Ichimatsu

Back to top Go down

Post  Asseroth Mon May 18, 2009 10:49 am

Nice recommendations! Very Happy
Asseroth
Asseroth

Number of posts : 57